ChronoTrack’s B-tags are a high performance single use tag option for Road Cycling and MTB events.
In association with PrintRun we have developed the seat-post number kit. For road bike events each entrant is provided a numberplate with timing tag attached which wraps around their seat-post. The kit also includes number stickers to attach to the front, and side of the entrant's helmets to assist identification of entrants by photographers.
The very thin B-tag is encoded with the entrant's race number which is then incorporated into a seat-post kit, or a relay kit.
For MTBevents the B-tag is attached to the back of a MTB number-plate.
ChronoTrack’s B-tags provide event organisers and entrants the following benefits:
- Enhanced read rates and accuracy
- Fewer volunteers at registration as there is no need for a separate distribution process for the bib and chip.
- No volunteers required at the finish line to retrieve the tags – the entrants keep their tags as a memento of the event.
- No need for entrants to wait at the finish line while their timing tag is retrieved.
- No charge back if a tag is lost or not returned.
- For MTB relay events we can provide number plate holders which enable each team's members to share a single timed number-plate ensuring each member completes their designated lap. Each MTB team member attaches a holder to their handlebars and the timed number-plate is transferred on completion of the lap or leg.
- For Road relay events we can provide number plate holders which enable each team's members to share a single timed number-plate ensuring each member completes their designated lap. Each Road team member attaches a holder to their seat-post and the timed number is transferred on completion of the lap or leg.
How should the B-tag be handled?
- The tags should not be folded or creased.
- The tags should be attached as per instructions for the event
B-tag in road bike kit
B-tag on MTB numberplate
Relay Road bike option